PZ Pilot TouchGreat looking logos at 185 dpi.
The PZ Pilot Touch Hi-Resolution Printing System
Squid Ink's PZ Pilot Touch is a feature-rich printing system designed to print hi-resolution characters, razor sharp text, scannable bar codes, and great looking logos at 185 dpi. The PZ Pilot Touch offers more options for making your mark: oil-based systems for printing on porous surfaces like corrugated cases, or solvent-based systems for printing on non-porous products like plastics, metals and more.
Modern Day Functionality
The PZ Pilot Touch is designed to work as an integral part of your day-to-day packaging operation. A simple, easy-touse 12.1" full color touchscreen controller with ImageMaster Touch software provides a quick and easy way to program, edit, and recall messages right at the production line. The PZ Pilot Touch comes with 8GB of memory, more than enough room to store all the messages your application requires.
Less Maintenance = Less Downtime
The PZ Pilot Touch is engineered inside and out for industrial strength operation. Heavy-duty cabinetry and printhead bracketry ensure continuous operation in the most abusive industrial environments. In addition, the PZ Pilot Touch is designed as a modular system. Quick and easy-to-install replacement printheads, circuit boards and ink system modules minimize downtime and service calls. A fix can be completed in less than 5 minutes.
- Printer Type – Piezo printhead technology
- Maximum Print Height – .7" (1.8 cm) per printhead
- Print Speed – Up to 135 feet/minute (61m/minute) line speed
- Touchscreen – 12.1" (30cm) full color touchscreen display for message creation, recall, and printer control
- Communication Interface – Two USB hosts and one ethernet input
- Product Sensor – Diffuse beam photocell (12V); multi-photocell option for bump and turn applications
- Cabinet Construction – Anodized aluminum
- Controller Dimensions – 8.42" (21.4cm) L x 6.15" (15.6cm) W x 2.52" (6.4cm) H
- Electrical Requirements – 100-240 VAC, 50/60Hz
- Operating Environment – 32ºF (0ºC) to 120ºF (50ºC)
- Substrate Capabilities – Porous or non-porous surfaces
- Ink Volume – 500ml cartridge or bag
- Agency Certifications – CE certified (pending)
- Starter Kit – Includes ink, cleaner for flushing the system, spray bottle of external cleaner, hand cleaner and cloth wipes for the printhead
- Shaft Encoder – Allows for operation with variable speed conveyors
- Conveyor Mounting Bracket – Provides stable mount to conveyor or other material handling equipment
- Floor Stand – Includes mounting brackets and legs with leveling feet; 59" (1.5m) total height
- External Light Beacon – Indicates low ink levels
- Bar Code Laser Scanner – Allows scan and print message retrieval
- Ink Agitation System – Allows printing with pigmented inks
- Time and Date – Full time and date functionality including expiration date and Julian dates
- Item Numbering – Four counters plus daily counter with ImageMaster Touch software
- Shift Codes – Four programmable shift codes with automatic rollover
- Bar Codes – All standard bar codes including 2D
- Fonts – Arial, Arial Bold, Arial International, Arial Monospaced, Courier, Tahoma Bold, and Lucida resident fonts for use with variable data elements; Static elements in any Windows® font
- Logos – .jpg, .tif, or Windows bitmap format
- Printing Features – Reverse, invert, inverse, rotate, repeat, and print on / off
- Message Length – Up to 120"
- Number of Messages – 2GB storage space will store approximately 2000+ messages
- Ink Usage – Automatically calculated for each message and displayed on touchscreen
- User Prompts – Prompts for user input at start of print job by manual intervention on touchscreen display
- Languages – English, Spanish, French, German, Italian, Portuguese Chinese Traditional, Chinese Simplified, Turkish, Japanese, Thai