SQ/2 ScorpionLarge Character Ink Jet Printing System
The SQ/2 Scorpion Drop on Demand Large Character Printing System
The SQ/2 Scorpion industrial large character ink jet printer includes upgraded software delivering more features. SQ/2 Scorpion users have the option of choosing from several print head configurations. Five different print head sizes are available, offering 12 print sizes ranging in height from 3/8″ up to 1 3/4″. The 1600 Series print heads offer split-line capability and the option of printing full-size characters or half-size characters with the same print head.
True Versatility for Your Needs
SQ/2 Scorpion users have the option of choosing from several printhead configurations. Five different print sizes are available: 3/8", 1/2", 3/4", 1" or 1-3/4" character height. All printheads are capable of printing at 100% or 70% character height, offering 12 print sizes ranging from 1/4" to 1-3/4" in height. The 1" and 1-3/4" (1600 Series) printheads even offer split-line capability and the option of printing full-size characters or half-size characters with the same printhead.
More Brain. More Brawn.
The SQ/2 Scorpion is upgraded with software features that ink jet users need most: increased memory locations for up to 128 messages, the ability to automatically print a manufacturing date and an expiration date, as well as a shift organizer to automatically separate and code different work shifts within your packaging operation. The SQ/2 Scorpion also comes standard with a shaft encoder input for packagers using a variable speed conveyer. On the hardware side, the SQ/2 Scorpion features a built-in central air gauge to view regulated air pressure within the system and fine-tune your print quality.
- Printer Type – Large character ink jet printing system
- Printhead Options – Users have the option to use up to two SQ/2 printheads, or one 1600 Series printhead
- Character Heights – SQ/2 Series Printheads (7-channel dot matrix characters) .75" (1.9cm) in 7 x 5 matrix; .5" (1.3cm) in 5 x 5 matrix, or .5" (1.3cm) in 7 x 5 matrix; .375" (1.0cm) in 5 x 5 matrix, or .375" (1.0cm) in 7 x 5 matrix; .25" (.6cm) in 5 x 5 matrix Character Heights – 1600 Series Printheads (16-channel dot matrix characters) 1.75" (4.5cm) in 16 x 10 matrix, with split-line capability to print two lines of the following size characters: .75" (1.9cm) at 7 x 5 matrix; .5" (1.3cm) in 5 x 5 matrix, or 1.0" (2.5cm) in 16 x 10 matrix, with split-line capability to print two lines of the following size characters: .375" (1.0cm) at 7 x 5 matrix; .25" (.6cm) in 5 x 5 matrix
- Character Set – 61 character ASCII set Print Speed – Up to 200 feet/minute (61m/minute) line speed
- Message Length – 128 character length per message; 128 memory locations
- Communication – RS-232C, 9600 baud, 8 data bits, 1 start, 1 stop, Asynch
- Software Features – Counter, lot counter, 24-hour clock, 8 or 12 hour programmable shift code, Julian date, 3-letter month name, 3-letter weekday name, expiration date, expiration month, expiration day, expiration year, expiration & Julian date
- Operating Features – Dot size, print delay, character width, photocell on/off/repeat, invert print, reverse print, purge routine
- Shaft Encoder Output – Resident software allows communication with shaft encoder for use with variable speed conveyors
- Controller Dimensions – 12" (31cm) H x 12" (31cm) W x 5.25" (13cm) D
- Controller Weight -10.5 lbs. (4.8kg)
- Printhead Dimensions – SQ/2 Series Printheads: 3" (7.6cm) H x 1.6" (4.1cm) W x 7" (17.8cm) L 1600 Series Printheads: 2.5" (6.4cm) H x 1.5" (3.8cm) W x 7" (17.8cm) L Dimensions are for the printhead only – an additional 3" (7.6cm) is needed for the ink line and printhead cabling which extends from the back of the printhead
- Product Sensor – Diffuse beam photocell (24v) or hardware sinking signal
- Communication Interface – Two RS-232 ports for connection to input device, host PC, and PLC for input from scale, scanner or external alarm
- Air Pump – Internal air pump module provides necessary air pressure; external air not recommended
- Electrical Requirements – 90-120 VAC, 50/60Hz, 4.0 amp
- Cabinet Construction – Industrial gauge coated steel
- Operating Environment – Water-Based Ink: 32ºF (0ºC) to 120ºF (50ºC) Solvent-Based Ink: 0ºF (-18ºC) to 120ºF (50ºC)
- Substrate Capabilities – Porous or Non-Porous surfaces
- Ink Capabilities – Porous: Squid Ink SQ-60 no-clog ink Non-Porous: Several Squid Ink solvent based fluids to meet your application needs for adhesion and dry time
- Ink Volume – .5 gallon (1.9 liters) bottle standard; available upgrade (water-base ink only) to 5.0 gallon (18.9 liters) pail
- Spare Parts Kit – Includes spare printhead, card cage and PC board pack, air pump module, data cable and master cap
- Starter Kit – Includes ink, cleaner for flushing the system, spray bottle for cleaner, hand cleaner and wipes for the printhead
THE SQ/2 SCORPION IN ACTION